Monday, April 2, 2007

Woohoo!

On Thursday night I was declared the the Liberal Candidate for Langley for the next Federal Election. The turn out was fantastic. I had called almost every member of the party, and everyone I know. Many showed up. We filled the Murrayville Hall. I was super excited and nervous giving my first campaign speech. If you missed it, don't worry. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities.

Speaking of which, Tuesday April 10th, we are hosting a round table discussion about Child Obesity with the Honorable Ken Dryden. Space is limited, so if you wish to attend please let me know. (jake@jakegray.ca)

I'm trying to meet as many people from Langley as possible, so if you would like to get a few friends together, and invite me over, I'm happy to show up with a box of Timbits(tm) and discuss any topic under the sun. I find this type of informal get together is often very productive in terms of coming up with common sense, real world solutions to difficult problems.

I'm off to the Abbotsford nomination meeting. I'll try and post later tonight.

No comments: